Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Pinehurst golf outing

In case I haven't been able to get a hold of everyone, I've been looking into a possible golf outing at Pinehurst later this summer for the golfers in the family. Of course, the invitations aren't limited to just golfers. Anyone who wants to join us is welcome. There are other things to do at the resort.

I've reached out to some of the golfers already, and I've got a line on a package deal for a small group. Maybe eight golfers to make up a couple of foursomes.

The Pinehurst Summer Tee seems to be best deal for what I've got in mind. I've tried to do a hyper link, but it won't work for some reason. Anyway, here is the address and an outline of the package.

http://www.pinehurst.com/golf-vacation-packages.php

* Three nights accommodations

* Dinner, beginning on day of arrival

*Breakfast, through day of departure

*1 round of golf per day - four rounds (upgrade to No. 2 for an additional $175)

* Cart, club storage and sleeve of Titleist golf balls

* Afternoon tea, biking, outdoor pools & Beach Club, and fitness center

* Children 12 and under stay and eat free with paying adult. Children 17 and under play golf for free with paying adult, except Pinehurst No. 2-$215 junior fee applies.

Pricing: The Manor is the least expensive at $860 per person based on double occupancy.If you delete dinner from this package, the price drops to $750.

Prices go up from there:

Holly

$996

Carolina

$1,052

Villa

$1,136



Now, here's the hard part. Just about all the golfers have shown an interest in doing this. But as always, schedules are the issue.

So, here is a list of date ranges. The Summer Tee package ends Sept. 7. From what people have said, No. 2 is a must, so these dates include an option to play No. 2.

July 24-27
Aug. 2-5
Aug. 5-8
Aug. 26-29

These dates can be tweaked so if anyone has any ideas or other options, please let me know.

My vision is to have some type of Ryder Cup-type format with prizes and a trophy. I'll be a little more organized than I was at the golf outing in Florida.

Hope this works, and let me know if anyone has any questions.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers